WhatsApp is one of the most popular chatting application which is used by billions of users around the world. It is so convenient to use that there is hardly anyone who wouldn’t have heard about it. WhatsApp includes new updated features every now and then for a better user experience. For example in the latest version, it has included a fingerprint lock for some devices.
As it allows unlimited messages and dynamic emojis, it is mostly preferred by people. But sometimes we change our phone or when we uninstall the app, we lose our chats.
We understand how important your WhatsApp chats are. Hence in this article today we will mention some 100% working techniques to retrieve your deleted WhatsApp messages. Let’s get started…
- 1 How to Retrieve Deleted WhatsApp Messages on Android?
- 2 Recover deleted WhatsApp messages on iPhone
- 3 How to recover deleted WhatsApp messages without backup?
How to Retrieve Deleted WhatsApp Messages on Android?
Here is a step by step guide to recover deleted WhatsApp SMS on your Android smartphones and tablets.
Method 1: Recover messages from backup
- Uninstall the WhatsApp app first from your Android device. And once removed, download new WhatsApp from google play store.
- You will be asked to restore the messages from WhatsApp backup.
- It is to be noted here that you can retrieve the data you had previously backed up.
Method 2: Recover messages without backup
- Install a third-party Android recovery tool on your computer.
- Connect your Android device with a computer through a USB cable.
- Open the Android recovery tool on your computer and then set your Android device to enable USB debugging.
- The recovery tool will then detect your Android device and give you the list of things you want to recover.
- Choose WhatsApp messages here and click Next to proceed further.
- Then scanning will start and then you can easily see your retrieved chat history, which you can recover on your WhatsApp later.
Recover deleted WhatsApp messages on iPhone
You can recover old removed WhatsApp messages on iPhone using these steps.
Method 1: Use iTunes backup file
- First of all open iTunes and connect your iPhone.
- Tap on the iPhone icon and select Restore Backup.
- Choose WhatsApp backup file > Restore.
- Your deleted WhatsApp messages will be recovered.
Method 2: Using iCloud backup file
- Head to Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings.
- Follow the instructions and the go to Apps and Data.
- Now select Restore from iCloud backup.
- Finally, select the relevant iCloud backup and keep the wifi connection until the process is completed.
Method 3: By using a recovery tool
You can use any iPhone recovery tool as we used for Android devices. The most popular recovery tool is iMyFone. You may consider any other iPhone data recovery tool as well.
RELATED POST: How to Delete Instagram Account
How to recover deleted WhatsApp messages without backup?
In case you don’t have any kind of backup on your device available then you can consider third-party tools. As mentioned earlier if you had forgotten to back up the WhatsApp chats and it has been accidentally deleted then you can use them. But just keep one thing in mind that every recovery tool has some kind of restrictions, either for the data type or data size. Hence you must keep all such things into consideration while choosing a recovery tool.
Can I get back deleted messages on WhatsApp?
WhatsApp has an auto-backup feature, in case you weren’t aware yet. So if your chat is deleted. Here’s how to get back your deleted messages on WhatsApp.
- Download a file manager app.
- Now in that app navigate to sdcard > WhatsApp > Databases.
- Rename the backup you want to restore from msgstore-YYYY-MM-DD.1.db.crypt12 to msgstore.db.crypt12
- Uninstall the WhatsApp and reinstall it.
- You can now restore your messages from this renamed backup file.
How to see deleted WhatsApp messages on Android?
As per the latest feature included in WhatsApp, you can delete you sent message within 7 minutes and the content won’t be shown to the receiver anymore. This feature is like a savior for typo freaks like me! But if you always wonder to know such deleted messages content, we have good news for you. There is a little flaw in the system, you can see the delete for every one message from your Android device. Here’s how?
- Head to the Home screen of your Android device.
- Long press on free space and go to Widgets.
- Find the Settings widget and then place anywhere on the home screen.
- After that tap on it and select the Notification log.
- Now by tapping on this new settings icon, you can see the notifications from the past and also the WhatsApp deleted messages there were flashed in notification before.
WhatsApp deleted messages recovery app
There are many WhatsApp deleted messages recovery tools available on the play store and app store. But we don’t find them a reliable source to recover your data. It is advisable to recover data using either a backup or a genuine recovery tool only.