Android devices are a part of life, as we are just one download away from playing games on mobile phones, stock marketing, to-do list, and many more things. But these applications are good enough for touch devices but may fail for your remote control.
Like there is an example of MI phones working as a TV remote and AC remote without any application’s download, and, at the same time, there are other phones like VIVO where you have to install a specific app for the same functionality. It is just one example from my daily life as I have a VIVO phone in which I had to install an app for using it as a TV remote once. So, my concern here is about a FireStick that cannot work with these applications. Still, there is a good start to use a firestick without a physical mouse by installing Mouse Toggle app on your device and get your FireStick in usage.
Mouse Toggle Application Installation for Amazon Fire TV stick
To install Mouse Toggle Application for Amazon Fire TV stick, you have to follow the steps given below:
- Turn on your firestick device and go to settings from the home screen.
- Choose the device option and open it on the next screen.
- Click on the developer items as soon as you find one.
- Check whether Apps from Unknown Source if turned ON or OFF make sure it is ON.
- You will receive a warning message telling you about the risk of enabling the above option, but you have to ignore it and install Mouse Toggle App.
- Click turn ON.
- Further, you should have a side-loader app because a FireStick does not allow direct browser download. You can get the Downloader App on the amazon store.
- On the main screen of the Downloader app, you will see an option to enter a URL to download the Mouse Toggle app from there.
- Enter the URL as per your device requirement, and tap on Go.
- The downloader app will start downloading and take a few minutes.
- Once the app gets downloaded, it starts installing, and you have to click on install.
- The Mouse Toggle APK will install on your device.
After installation, you will receive two options, Open or Done, then to open the app choose “Open” or just let it go “Done” and open later when you need it.
Also Read: How To Use Amazon Cloud Player?
Using Mouse Toggle on FireStick:
On a firestick, you can use any app from the “Apps and Channels” section. You need to follow here:
- On the FireStick, click and hold the home button for a few seconds.
- You will get a menu screen, then click on Apps.
- Now you can access your apps and channels.
Note: On a Firestick, recently installed apps won’t appear directly on the home screen. To get your app on the home screen, select your app and from the menu option, choose Move and shift your app on the home screen.
It is all about the setup, and I will tell you about the actual use of Mouse Toggle now. Just a few more steps and then you are ready to go.
- Turn ON your ADB Debugging(FireStick Home screen > Settings > Device > Developer Options > ADB Debugging).
- Turn on Enable the Mouse Service option.
- Following this, you will notice the Status changed to Started on the bottom left screen. If it does not start, reset ADB debugging.
- Now to use your mouse pointer on your TV screen, you have to press the Play/Pause button two times on your firestick.
- Press the select button on the remote to click the menu, and you are ready to choose an option from the menu on your TV screen.
Scrolling Pages With Mouse Toggle
You know how to get your mouse pointer, next you have to click on two buttons one by one, Play/Pause, and down navigation, and then you can scroll down the pages.
So, you have come a long way with this blog, and I hope you can use your Mouse Toggle on Firestick after reading this blog. Further, for more queries and assistant, you can check out youtube for help and guidance.