Do you often see a message flashing as an ‘SSL connection error’ on your screen while running any website on your browser whether it is on the Windows system? Or does it appears even on your android browser too? Are you thinking about fixing it but do not have any idea? Don’t be worried about this.
Here, in this article, we are going to help you out with the fixing of SSL connection error in Windows/Android. By understanding the message ‘SSL connection error’ and why does this message appear on your screen, it will be more easy for you to know how to fix SSL connection error in Windows/Android.
- 1 Why this error appears?
- 2 Fix SSL Connection Error In Windows / Android
- 2.1 Debug your Connection
- 2.2 Reset settings in android
- 2.3 Correct date and time on your android system
- 2.4 Importing and Exporting the Website’s SSL Certificate in Windows
- 2.5 Updates and auto-updates in your android system
- 2.6 Updates in your Windows desktop
- 2.7 Check for Viruses or Spyware
- 2.8 Clear browsing history of Android and Windows browser
- 2.9 Swap to safe network
- 3 Closure
What is SSL connection error?
Secure Connection meaning (the website starts with ”https://”) which means the website is verified or certificate presented by the website is valid and has an encryption that is strong enough to adequately protect your privacy. But when any certificate expired or any other reason, then sometimes it starts showing SSL connection error.
Why this error appears?
- The certificate is not valid until a particular date
- The certificate is expired on the date
- The certificate is not trusted because the issuer certificate is unknown
- The certificate is self-signed
- The certificate is only valid for itself (website name)
- The certificate has a corrupted certificate store.
Fix SSL Connection Error In Windows / Android
Here we are listing some methods of fixing SSL connection error in Windows/Android.
Debug your Connection
- Try another connection.
- Reset all settings.
- Erase all internet data.
- Reset internet/Wi-Fi data including pass.
Reset settings in android
Reset your setting in the android system.
Step 1 – Open Back Up And Reset.
Step 2 – Select Network Settings and reset.
Step 3 – Select All Notification.
Step 4 – Reset all settings.
Correct date and time on your android system
Sometimes it is due to the incorrect date and time of your zone.
Step 1 – Go to Settings.
Step 2 – Go to Time and Date in Settings.
Step 3 – Correct the date and time according to your zone.
Step 4 – Go back and clear the caches.
Importing and Exporting the Website’s SSL Certificate in Windows
Step 1 – For Importing and Exporting the ‘Website’s SSL Certificate’ follow these steps:
Step 2 – On the left of the URL appearing a Padlock Icon, click it.
Step 3 – Click Export features and memorize the location in which the SSL certificate was saved.
Step 4 – Import the SSL certificate by clicking and selecting the options shown in the next step.
Step 5 – Click Advanced option>view certificate>import.
Step 6 – Now close the browser.
Step 7 – Re-open the browser, run the website again to recheck.
Updates and auto-updates in your android system
Update your android system.
Step 1 – Visit your system updater and check your pending updates.
Step 2 – If you find any, update your system.
Step 3 – Now check your apps updater.
Step 4 – If the apps are not up to date, then update them all.
Step 5 – Now clear all caches and clear all back memory.
Updates in your Windows desktop
Update your browser
Make sure that your browser is anyone, for example, Firefox is up-to-date as the older version creates an unexpected shut down on the application. Check for further updates and make the application updated.
Update your Plugins
Make sure that your PC has the latest versions of the installed plugins.
Update your Windows
Sometimes the outdated Windows can also be responsible for the insecure connection. Regularly check for the Windows updates and install them.
Update your Driver
Upgrade your graphics driver to use hardware acceleration and WebGL.
Search for and install a new graphics driver
Using Windows Updates
- Like in Windows 10, all drivers downloaded automatically and installed through Windows updates. But if not, then update the driver in Windows 10.
- Using your computer manufacturer’s system update tool
- Actually computer manufacturer includes the system update tools that update the driver too. Just follow the instructions:
- Start > Search Term (it may be name of the computer manufacturer/updates/) > Maintenance Driver > Open the Tool > Apply for Available Updates.
Using the latest generic graphics driver
You can use the latest generic graphics driver like Intel, AMD/ATI and NVIDIA.
After you upgrade your graphics driver
After upgrading your graphics driver, reboot your system.
If still have a problem in graphics card in Firefox
- Turning off hardware acceleration
- Disabling WebGL.
Update your Internet Security Software
It might be one of the following reasons. Your Internet Security Software should be up-to-date.
Check for Viruses or Spyware
From your Security Center, scan and check whether there is any virus attack or spyware is present. If yes then fix it.
Clear browsing history of Android and Windows browser
It may help if you clear your browsing history of your system.
Step 1: Open Browser and select the Menu icon on the top right side of the browser.
Step 2: Now go on the History and select the Clear Browsing Data, select all and then tap Clear button.
Step 3: Now go to Settings>locate the change proxy section.
Step 4: Open security & privacy tab and select medium level.
Step 5: Now close the browser.
Step 6: Re-open the browser and run the website again to recheck whether it is showing the insecure message again or not.
Swap to safe network
May be your internet connection is not safe. It’s better to swap your internet connection.
So, here we were with all efforts to tell you that how to fix SSL connection error in Windows / Android. These all were the available methods to fix SSL connection error in Windows / Android. You can go and try then to get the best result; you can also help your friend and family if they get any problem regarding How to fix SSL connection error in Windows / Android through this article.
Hope, we satisfied you with the problem that how to fix SSL connection error in Windows / Android. Let us know your queries and suggestions in the comments section below.